Proper Use of Seat Belts Accord
Follow these guidelines for proper use:
- All occupants should sit upright, well back in the seat, and remain in the position for the duration of the trip. Slouching and leaning reduces the effectiveness of the belt and can increase the chance of serious injury in a crash.
- Never place the shoulder part of a lap/shoulder seat belt under your arm or behind your back. This could cause very serious injuries in a crash.
- Two people should never use the same seat belt. If they do, they could be very seriously injured in a crash.
- Do not put any accessories on the seat belts. Devices intended to improve comfort or reposition the shoulder part of a seat belt can reduce the protective capability and increase the chance of serious injury in a crash.
- No one should sit in a seat with an inoperative seat belt or one that does not appear to be working correctly. Using a seat belt that is not working properly may not protect the occupant in a crash. Have a dealer check the belt as soon as possible.
Not wearing a seat belt properly increases the chance of a serious injury or death in a crash, even though your vehicle has airbags.
Be sure you and your passengers always wear seat belts and wear them properly.
Regularly check the condition of your seat belts as follows: Pull each belt out fully and look for frays, cuts, burns, and wear. Check that the latch plates and buckles work smoothly and the... Fastening a Seat Belt Accord
Adjust your seat to the proper position and then follow the steps below: Pull the seat belt out slowly. Insert the latch plate into the buckle, then tug on the belt to make sure the buckle... Adjusting the Shoulder Anchor Accord
The front seats have adjustable shoulder anchors to accommodate taller and shorter occupants. Move the anchor up and down whileholding the release button. Position the anchor so that the belt...