Passenger Airbag Off Indicator Accord
The indicator comes on to alert you that the front passenger’s front airbag has been turned off. This occurs when the front passenger’s weight sensors detect65 lbs (29 kg) or less, the weight of an infant or small child, on the seat.
Children age 12 or under should always ride properly restrained in a back seat.
If the front passenger‘s seat is empty, the indicator willcome on and, in the event of a crash, the front passenger's airbag will not deploy.The front passenger's knee airbag will not deploy either.
To ensure the passenger is detected properly, confirm that:
- There is no child seat or other object pressing against the rear of the seat-back.
- There is no rear passenger pushing or pulling on the back of the front passenger's seat.
- The front seat or seat-back is not forced back against an object on the seat or floor behind it.
- There is no object placed under or beside the front passenger's seat.
- The occupant is sitting in an upright position and the seat-back is not excessively reclined.
- The occupant is not leaning against the door or center console.
- The occupant's feet are placed on the floor in front of them.
- There are no objects hanging from the front passenger's seat.
- Only small, lightweight objects are in the seat-back pocket.
If none of these conditions exist, have your vehicle checked by a dealer as soon as possible.
The passenger airbag off indicator may come on and go off repeatedly if the total weight on the seat is near the airbag cutoff threshold.
The indicator comes on to alert you that the front passenger’s front airbag has been turned off. This occurs when the front passenger’s weight sensors detect65 lbs (29 kg) or less, the weight... Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Indicator Accord
If the indicator comes on at any other time besides vehicle start-up or does not come on at all, have the system checked by a dealer as soon as possible. If you don't, your airbags and seat belt...