Advanced Airbags Accord
The airbags have advanced features to help reduce the likelihood of airbag related injuries to smaller occupants.
The driver's advanced airbag system includes a seat position sensor. Based on information from this sensor and the severity of the impact, the advanced airbag system determines the optimal deployment of the driver's airbag.
The front passenger's advanced airbag system has weight sensors.
We advise against allowing a child age 12 or under to ride in thefrontpassenger's seat. However,if you do allow a child age 12 or under to ride in thefront passenger's seat, note that the system will automatically turn off the front passenger's airbag if the sensors detect that the child is approximately65 lbs (29 kg) or less.
For the advanced airbags to work properly:
- Do not spill any liquid on or under the seats.
- Do not put any object under the passenger's seat.
- Make sure any objects are positioned properly on the floor. Improperly positioned objects can interfere with the advanced airbag sensors.
- All occupants should sit upright and wear their seat belts properly.
- Do not cover the passenger's side dashboard with a cloth, towel, cover, etc.
Always wear your seat belt properly, sit upright, and as far back from the steering wheel as possible while allowing full control of the vehicle. A front passenger should move their seat as far... Advanced Airbags Accord
The airbags have advanced features to help reduce the likelihood of airbag related injuries to smaller occupants. The driver's advanced airbag system includes a seat position sensor. Based on... Airbag System Indicators Accord
If a problem occurs in the airbag system, the SRS indicator comes on and a message appears on theDriver Information Interface.