Maximum Load For Your Vehicle Accord
The maximum load for your vehicle type is:
- 850 lbs (385 kg)
This figure includes the total weight of all occupants, cargo, and accessories, and the tongue load if you are towing a trailer. Below are the steps for determining the correct load limit:
- Locate the statement “The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed XXX kg or XXX lbs.” on your vehicle’s placard.
- Determine the combined weight of the driver and passengers that will be riding in your vehicle.
- Subtract the combined weight of the driver and passengers from XXX kg or XXX lbs.
- The resulting figure equals the available amount of cargo and luggage load capacity. For example, if the “XXX” amount equals 1,400 lbs. (635 kg) and there will be five 150 lbs. passengers in your vehicle, the amount of available cargo and luggage load capacity is 650 lbs. (1,400 - 750 (5 x 150) = 650 lbs.).
- Determine the combined weight of luggage and cargo being loaded on the vehicle. That weight may not safely exceed the available cargo and luggage load capacity calculated in step 4.
- If your vehicle will be towing a trailer, load from your trailer will be transferred to your vehicle. Consult the Owner’s Manual to determine how this reduces the available cargo and luggage load capacity of your vehicle.
WOverloading or improper loading can affect handling and stability and cause a crash in which you can be hurt or killed.
Follow all load limits and other loading guidelines in this guide.
In addition, the total weight of the vehicle, all occupants, accessories, cargo, and trailer tongue load must not exceed the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) or the Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR). Both are on a label on the driver’s doorjamb.
The headlight aim on your vehicle was set by the factory, and does not need to be adjusted. However, if you regularly carry heavy items in the cargo area or tow a trailer, have the aiming readjusted at your dealer or by a qualified technician.
The maximum load for your vehicle type is: 850 lbs (385 kg) This figure includes the total weight of all occupants, cargo, and accessories, and the tongue load if you are towing a trailer....